Serving the Needs of Our Patients
Our tranportation providers are CPR trained and Driver Safety course trained.
Call to schedule a ride at 715-588-3371
Our transportation services offer
- Transportation to and from appointments at PCHC
- Transportation to and from appointments at other facilities that are referred by a PCHC provider
- Long distance/overnight transportation is typically arranged for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays (but other arrangements can be made) - please allow one (1) week notice to request transportation services for long distance appointments
- In special circumstances, assistance to patients in obtaining medications or medically necessary supplies
criteria for patient transport
- Children 17 years of age and under will not be transported without the presence of a parent, guardian or other responsible party. The only exception will be for services where the State required no notifcation of parent or guardian beforehand.
- During inclement weather, transportation will not be provided as determined by the Health Director. Transportation will notify the patient of the cancellation of transportation but the patient is responsible for cancelling medical appointments and rescheduling.
- Safety restraints are to be used at all times while the patient is being transported. Children must be in an age and weight appropriate car seat.
- Patients needing to remain in a wheelchair will be required to have necessary safety restraints used during transports.
- Transportation providers will not transport any person who is abusive towards PCHC staff and/or transportation drivers.
- Transportation arrangements for an appointment with a PCHC health care provider must be made with a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours notice but every effort will be made to accommodate other time frames.
- PCHC must be the primary care provider and outside services require a written referral from PCHC.
- Twenty-four (24) hours notice is strongly encouraged for cancellation of tranportation services unless circumstances beyond provider control prevent you from doing so.
Other Transportation Services:
LDF Transit Service
Service Hours: Monday-Friday, 5:00am-8:00pm
Iron Mountain VA - Disabled American Veterans